I share a simple opening repertoire for beginners and improving players based on my personal preferences combined with data on past results. You could use this to get ideas for developing your own opening selections. My repertoire is currently based on 1 e4, and I also recommend the London System for those who prefer to open with 1 d4.
* if …e5, Scotch Gambit
* Sometimes 2 d4 (Danish Gambit)
* if …c5 (Sicilian), Closed Sicilian leading to the Grand Prix Attack
(You may also consider the Smith-Morra Gambit, check out my separate video on that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTNdPlW1_FE)
* if …e6 (French), d4 (49%)
* if …d5 (Scandi), d4 (Blackmar-Diemer Gambit, 64% win rate), e6 transposes to French
* if …c6 (Caro-Kann), Nf3 (61%)
* if …d6 (Pirc), Nf3 (72%)
* if …g6 (Modern defence), d4 and grab the centre
* if …b6 (Owen defence), d4 etc.
* if …Nc6 (Nimzowitsch), d4 etc (62%)
* if …Nf6 (Alekhine’s Defense), e5 and harass knight (64%).